- City Services
- Social Media
Connect with us online! We are @ChickashaOK on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
City of Chickasha Social Media Policy
LIMITED PUBLIC FORUM
The City's social media accounts are limited public forums. The City does not make its social media accounts available for general discourse. The City shall determine limitations on topics that may be discussed on the social media accounts.
Because communication via social media constitutes a limited public forum, the City reserves the right to reject or remove, if possible, any content that is deemed in violation of this policy or any applicable law. City social media account content and comments containing any of the following forms of content shall not be allowed for posting and shall be subject to removal:
- Comments unrelated to the purpose and topical scope of the page.
- Defamatory, threatening or profane language.
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation.
- Sexual content or links to sexual content.
- Solicitations of commerce.
- Personally identifiable information, such as an address, phone number, social security number or other sensitive information.
- Information which may interfere with or compromise current investigations, police tactics and the safety or security of public safety staff and/or the public or public systems.
- Promotions or advertisements
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity.
- Distribution of copyrighted photographs, music, video, graphics or other content without the express permission of the copyright holder.
Content that is deemed not suitable for posting by the administrators of the City's social media accounts based on the criteria defined above, shall be retained by staff pursuant to the records retention schedule in the form of a screen capture along with a description of the reason the specific content was rejected. The comment will then be removed, as technology allows, from the City's social media account(s).
TIME OF USE
The City of Chickasha's social media accounts are not monitored 24/7, and as such, responses to posts should not be expected. Accounts are traditionally monitored during normal business hours, weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., excluding holidays.
As the City's social media accounts are not monitored 24/7, users are advised NOT to use the City's social media accounts to report a crime or emergency situation. Crime reports and requests for police, fire or emergency medical assistance must be made by dialing 9-1-1.
This policy will be reviewed annually by the City Manager and marketing staff and will be updated as necessary.