- City Services
- City Clerk
- Boards and Commissions
Boards and Commissions
The City of Chickasha's Boards and Commissions are made up of interested citizens who wish to make a difference in their community by volunteering their time and knowledge. Many of these groups serve as advisory boards, examining issues in depth, and making recommendations to the City Council. The work, these citizens assist the council and contribute directly to the quality of life enjoyed by both residential and corporate citizens.
Board or Commission members are appointed by the City Council after applications are processed. Qualifications for service include volunteer time, an interest in the specific workings of the Board or Commission, and, in some cases, more specific qualifications regarding knowledge or licensing in a specific field.
The Chickasha City Council encourages citizens to consider becoming actively involved in city government by serving on a City Board or Commission. Board and Commission applications are accepted by the City Secretary at any time throughout the year.
To be considered for appointment, Applicants must:
- Reside within the Chickasha city limits
- Be a qualified voter
- Be willing to attend the regularly scheduled meetings of the Board or Commission
- Complete an official Board and Commission Application Form (PDF)
- Applications for all boards and commissions can be obtained from the Office of the City Secretary, 117 North 4th Street, or by downloading the application (PDF).
- Note: This application requires Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the document. Print the application, fill in the appropriate information, and return the application to the Office of the City Secretary.