Over the weekend, the City Manager’s office was notified that a Chickasha Public Library employee was exposed to an individual who tested positive for COVID-19. We believe the exposure occurred outside of Grady County. The Library employee is not showing symptoms, and has self-quarantined.
Out of an abundance of caution, the Chickasha Public Library will be closed from March 16 until April 1. Prior to reopening, the library will be thoroughly sanitized. City staff will be monitoring the situation and will make adjustments to the reopening schedule as needed.
Updates to library services during closure:
- All items currently checked out will not accuse fines.
- Items can be returned to the outside book drops or you may keep them until the Library is reopened. Book drops will be checked daily.
- No new holds will be taken, but current holds will be held until we reopen.
- Click here for information about accessing the Oklahoma Virtual Library, to download e-books, or Kanopy, to download movies.
- Your username is your library card number and your password is the last four digits of that number.
- If your library card is expired, please call 405-222-6075 and leave a message with your name and card number. This answering machine will be checked daily. You may also email Lillie.email@example.com.
For a list of state, national and local COVID-19 resources, please click here. Please take care of yourself during this time. We look forward to seeing you again soon.